Today we remember the civil rights activist, Martin Luther King Jr.
May we continue in our actions and thoughts, to be more like this amazing hero. May we strive to be someone who fights for the rights and liberties of others, in the face of trials and tribulations.
1. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
2. “Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
3. “In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies…but the silence of our friends.”
4. “The time is always right to do what is right.”
5. “I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: ‘We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.”
6. “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”
7. “I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.”
8. “We may have all come on different ships, but we’re in the same boat now.”
9. “I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.”
10. “An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity.”